Monday, December 9, 2013

¡Buenas Días de Ecuador! - Week 3

¡Buenos Días! ¿Cómo están?

I hope the letter/picture idea worked out well last week, because my companion and I have even less time to write this week.  [Katie has been hand-writing a letter to the family, then photographing it and sending the photo out via email.  Makes for a tough read]   I forgot why, but I thought it was so we could bake cupcakes.   Why would we be making cupcakes you ask?  Well for those of you who don’t know, tomorrow is my birthday!  Yup, I get to spend my 20th birthday as a missionary in Ecuador.  How cool is that?
Katie showing off her birthday cupcakes.  Happy 20th!

Top priority
Well, this week has been less than spectacular.  We’ve been asking for referrals and contacting people, but we’ve been having trouble finding new investigators to teach.  We even had a fast as a companionship to try and find more people.  We’re hoping to find a family of at least six who would want to be baptized and eventually make it to the temple.  I hope we find them soon.
 
Johnny's baptism
On a happier note, we had a baptism this past Saturday!  The oldest brother of the two kids who got baptized two weeks ago finally got baptized.  So now the three children that are of age are baptized, and it’s just the parents’ turn now (if they ever get married).  Their cousin, Jair, is getting baptized on the 21st, and we got his mother to commit to that date as well.  We might move Jair’s date up to this week though.  To be honest, he’s more than ready.  He’s a really smart kid.

It’s been hot here some days and cooler others, and Saturday night it even rained a little bit.  I’ve been eating a lot, but people still call me “flaquita” and tell me I need to gain weight.  Oh well.  Hope all is well back home or wherever you are, and feel free to write me! (*ahem*) ha ha.

All ready for Christmas!

ª Hermana Iverson


No comments:

Post a Comment