Monday, December 16, 2013

¡Buenos Días de Ecuador! - Week 4

Hola friends and family!

So I’m actually writing this letter on a bus…yesterday our zone leader told my companion and me that we had to be in Guayaquil before 8 am this morning.  Our alarms went off at 1 am and we had to leave by 2 am for Machala to catch the bus for Guayaquil.  We actually had to wait an hour and a half for the next bus, but we got there on time.  Pretty much all of the missionaries that came at the same time as me had to go to Guayaquil for visa stuff.  It was super simple, nothing to worry about.  I think they just wanted to double check we existed, but it was a lot of trouble to go all the way there and back.  But yeah, we’re on our way back now. 


Anyway, last Tuesday was my birthday and was definitely memorable!  I got 3 birthday cakes – 3!  One in our zone meeting we had that morning (my companion totally smashed my face into it – que bestia), one at lunch at a member’s house, and one at dinner at an investigator’s house who invited us over for my birthday (my companion smashed my face into that cake too—no manches Hermana).  Pretty sure it was a personal record.

Right after her face was smashed -- Katie looks a little surprised!
What a good sport


As far as the rest of my week went, we just kept seeming to strike out.  We had a few baptismal dates fall through and had trouble finding our investigators at home several times.  However there were some highlights: on Friday we had a Christmas devotional put on by our mission.  It was really well done, and you could feel the spirit really strongly.   On Saturday, our investigator Jair got baptized!  He’s the boy we’ve been teaching who had that dream.  Kid’s gonna be a great missionary someday.  I was so happy for him.

I forgot to mention in my last letter that last Monday was my 2-month mark in my mission.  I can’t believe two months of my mission have already gone by.  That’s real motivation to make every second count!

ª Hermana Iverson






No comments:

Post a Comment