Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy (Almost) Mother´s Day! (Week 24)

May 5, 2014


So this week was both exciting and not that exciting at the same time.  It was exciting because we finally moved into our new house!  This is now the second time I´ve had to change houses.  I hope this isn´t a pattern in my mission.  But yeah, it´s just me and my companion living by ourselves there, and it´s really nice!  The owners have a wood manufacturing company like right next door, so there´s really really nice wood everywhere.  It´s a really pretty apartment.  I´ll send pictures.


The not exciting part is that not much of anything else happened.  We´re still trying to look for new investigators, so there´s a lot of walking--which sucks because our sector is like all hills.  Getting quite the workout here.  Also the weather has been awful--lots of rain.  On Friday, it was starting to sprinkle as we went to visit the branch president´s house.  Within minutes of getting there, it started to rain harder and harder until it was a torrential downpour with winds and everything, a little unusual for here.  The kids in the house tried to go grab some towels or something that had been hung out to dry and accidentally lost their umbrella.  It had gotten caught by the wind and had flown away!  Since my companion and I had our rain coats we offered to retrieve it.  It had gotten caught on a stop sign at the end of the street, a good 50 yards away!  We got soaked trying to get it, but it was quite the adventure.

Not really much else happened this week I think, but then again, I left my notebook with my list of things to write about in the house, soooo....oh well.  I´m really excited for Mother´s Day to talk to my family!  It feels like I just Skyped them last month or something.  I can´t believe it´s almost been five months since then already.  Wow.  Imagíne, next Mother´s Day I´ll be home.  Nope gonna stop right there, too weird ha ha.  Anyways, love you all, and talk to you soon!

Love, 
Hermana Iverson

PS Oh and I made s'mores today :D  They were quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment