Thursday, July 17, 2014

No place like Ecuador (Week 27)

July 15, 2014

Katie back in Ecuador!
First things first: I made it back to Ecuador!!!!  I literally got in to Guayaquil at like 10:30 at night or something, I don´t really remember.  I did end up having to move to a different plane in Dallas, so I had three flights (as usual) to get there.  While I was in Miami, I met a new elder who was going to my mission!  He´s from Utah but was only going to be in the mtc for 2 weeks but had issues with visas so he had to stay longer, thus he was coming with me.  We ended up flying together to Guayaquil, and now he´s in my zone up in Azogues.  He´s a funny kid.

Katie's new companion, Hermana Adams
The next day, I met my new companion in the bus terminal.  Her name is Hermana Adams and she´s from Colorado as well (nope, still not Nathan´s mission).  When I met her was when I found out that I was going...back to Cuenca!!!  I´m now in the Tomebamba ward, which is literally the neighboring ward to the Totoracocha branch, which was my last area.  Like we literally share the same chapel.

I found it actually wasn´t too hard to jump back into missionary work--it was kinda like riding a bike.  I had no problems with the language, but getting used to teaching again was a little awkward at first.  I like to think I´m getting better.

Ingapirca
Now, for the reason I didn´t write yesterday...we found out this weekend that Presidente Torres was going to be comingon Monday to give us a training meeting (I don´t know if that´s what you call it in English, I´m translating from capacitación).  We were pretty bummed at first, like come on, on P-day?  But we went and it was super great as always, but then we finished like super early, like before lunch.  Then Presidente told us that we were going to go see Ingapirca, some Incan ruins that were a little farther north than Azogues!  Our zone leaders had told us to bring tennis shoes, and now we finally knew why.  It was super neat!  It was also freezing.  Like the wind would blow so hard I thought we were going to die, but I really really enjoyed myself.  When we got back to our sector, we just had time to print our emails.  

This morning, we had interviews with Presidente, and he challenged me to talk to 100 people a day for a week, so I guess I´ll tell you next week how that goes.  I´m still not sure if we even see 100 people a day, but hey, I can try!

I know that this time will go by fast, so I have to make the most of it now.  I´m literally so happy to be back.  I was grinning from ear to ear and even almost teared up when the plane touched down in Guayaquil.  It felt like coming home.

Talk to you later!  Les amo muchísimo!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment