Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Post-Mother´s Day! (Week 25)

May 12, 2014

Wow, I´ve had quite the busy day.  Today we went to the Feria Libre (which was in my old sector, Álamos; got some serious deja vu going back) for an hour and bought some stuff we needed/wanted (I got a grandma sweater, I am very happy--will send photos soon), raced back to buy groceries and whatever we needed, then went to a member´s house so she could dye my bangs.  I´ve been wanting to dye my bangs a lighter color for a couple weeks, and so she bleached it for me and put on the color.  It was starting to look a little too light so she added just the teeniest tiniest bit of dark color to balance it out, and it darkened it almost back to what it was before.  But you can tell it is lighter now, so that´s cool.  We´ll see if I´ll dye it lighter or not.  Right after we did that, we had to race to a cyber to write.  My companion wrote for an hour, and just as I started to get onto mine, the power went out.  That was at 4:45pm.  We had to race to find another cyber so I could write.  We cut it close, but here I am!  Super stressful.  Oh and we´re starving because we haven´t eaten all day, but oh well.  We´ll get around to it.

I was so happy to be able to skype my family yesterday!!  My mom looked so pretty.  I´m pretty sure her hair has gotten a lot longer.  Lauren´s hair is about a million feet long, I love it.  I have the most attractive family.  We´re all such beautiful people.

OH MY GOSH THERE IS THE BIGGEST SPIDER ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW IT IS SO HUGE OH MY GOSH IT CHARGED US WE´RE GOING TO DIE IN THIS CYBER OH MY GOSH IT´S ABOUT TO CRAWL ON THIS GUY´S FOOT DO I WARN HIM HOLY COW AHHHHHHHHH IT´S ON HIS FOOT MY COMPANION AND I ARE DYING AHHHHHHHHH I DON´T KNOW WHERE IT WENT THIS IS SO NERVE-WRACKING PRETTY SURE I MIGHT START HYPERVENTILATING

Um anyways so now I´m writing with my feet raised above the ground, I´m not risking anything.  But uh yeah so uh this week what happened this week I´m too scared to think.  Yeah, so on Wednesday we did intercambios with the hermana leaders.  Don´t know how to translate that, but basically my companion went to their sector and one of them came with me to our sector.  We were in intercambios for 24 hours--the first time I´ve done exchanges for so long (oh yeah, that´s the word).  It was interesting...but I kind of missed my companion by the end of it.  We´re back now, so everything´s fine.

Friday we didn´t have lunch so we cooked in the house!  That was pretty cool.  I kind of just made it up and bought the ingredients and it turned out pretty good!  I made a pasta with tomatoes, carrots, and onions (as well as mayonnaise--everything is better with mayonnaise), and my companion made chifles and deviled eggs.  It was super delicious.
What a feast!  Deviled eggs, pasta salad & chifles (fried plantains)

Also, this whole week I´ve been making smores.  I´ve been super duper happy.  I bought more stuff to make smores today...don´t judge

My converso Yinson gave me and my companion bracelets!  He made them with our names.  He had some trouble making the V on mine haha.  Last night he called us because it was raining really hard and he was worried about us haha.  He´s a good guy.

Yup, so it´s just been raining a lot around here.  It´s kind of cold, but I´m doing alright.  I´m really happy here and I´m so glad to be on a mission.  I love you all, and I´ll write y´all next week!

Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment