Thursday, April 24, 2014

Buenas de Ecuadorrrrr (Week 13)

February 17, 2014

Sooooooooo I´m still in Santa Rosa, but Hermana Herrera isn´t!  She finally had cambios (um transfers is what they´re called in English I think) (Dad was complaining that I use Spanish words in my emails but I don´t think he realizes that some of these things I don´t know/remember how to say in English) after 7 months only here in Santa Rosa.  They played another prank on us Monday night calling her and saying she had to go to Cuenca the next day and then admitting that she wasn´t going anywhere.  The next day when they called her saying she had to go to Machala the next day she didn´t believe them haha.  But nope, she actually had cambios.  She´s in Naranjal now, near Guayaquil.  She left on Wednesday.  She got to finish training me!  Not many people can say that they had their mamá for all of their 12 weeks (mamá/papá is what they call trainers and any other companions you have during your first 12 weeks are your madrastra/padrastro).  

Burned toast...again.  It's the thought that counts.

Saying good-bye to Hermana Herrera
Katie's new companion, Hermana Pascual from Guatemala

But yeah, so my new companion is Hermana Pascual!  She´s from Guatemala and has 10 months in the mission.  It´s funny, we found out she has almost exactly 6 months more than me, almost to the day.  She left in April and goes home in October, whereas I left in October and go home in April.  But yeah, she´s pretty cool!  I felt bad though, because just as she got here, our program totally tanked.  It´s gotten a little better, but it´s still pretty awful.  We don´t have very many strong investigators.  Oh and the really sad thing is that Vanessa and Jostin didn´t get baptized on Saturday.  This whole week there was some new drama with the parents every day we stopped by, and the dad wants them to wait a month before they get baptized.  He´s really negative and doesn´t support them, and it´s really sad because with him and Vanessa´s old friends from her old church passing by telling her negative (and untrue) stuff, they´ve gotten so...desanimated (I had to stop and think for like two minutes how to say that word in English--I still don´t think it´s right) DISCOURAGED (I thought of a better word we´re okay) that now she doesn´t want to get baptized--again.  *sigh*  Gonna keep praying for her...

On Thursday we had a...training meeting (capicitación) with the mission president.  He´s kind of the best.  I was really glad that he passed through when he did, because I was seriously freaking out Wednesday night.  I had to remember all of the people that live in Los Ceibos and think of who we could visit and I don´t know I was really really stressed, so I was glad that the next day we were going to see him because I knew we were going to have interviews with him.  I felt much better after talking to him.  He´s a really wonderful man.  He shared a scripture with me after talking to me for a bit and it kind of made me cry haha (Ether 12:27).

Not sure if there´s anything else...cambios and seeing the mission president were the most exciting things.  Hope everyone is doing well! 
Keep it real and choose the right. 
Ciao,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment