Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ecuador Week 12

February 10, 2014

Hoooooooooooola mamá!  Man I cannot think of what happened this week to save my life.  Oh yeah.  Now I remember...sort of.  
Katie and her package!
   Hermana Herrera came back on Monday night!  She wasn´t gone for three days like last time, thank goodness.  And guess what she brought with her from the offices?  YOUR PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You should have seen how excited I was, you know how I get.  YOU SENT ME PEANUT BUTTER I WAS SO HAPPY---sabe que I think I´d forgotten what it tasted like.  It was glorious.  Hna. Whitmore, the other gringa in the apartment, just finished off some peanut butter her mom sent her in October just like two weeks ago or something.  She made it last three months.  I´m scared to eat it too fast so I think I´m going to save it too haha.  But yeah, the rest of the chocolate is almost gone.  Soooooo gooooooooooood :D

Tuesday wasn´t so great...remember how I told you about that family whose kids were going to get baptized this past Saturday with their cousin?  Out of the three kids, two of them drank coffee Tuesday morning and couldn´t get baptized this week because of it.  It was really sad.  Luckily Alex didn´t drink it, so he was still good to go.  We almost had another fiasco on Friday afternoon when their cousin (who was less active but we brought him back to church [yeah buddy]) told us that Alex´s mom wasn´t going to let him get baptized the next day.  Apparently she had heard some stuff about the church, like that we worshipped or prayed to Joseph Smith or whatever and wasn´t going to let him get baptized until she figured out what was going on.  We couldn´t find her to talk to her that day, but the next day I guess Luis (the cousin that got baptized with him) had talked to her and she decided it was fine since it was really what Alex wanted.  Major heart attacks.  But yeah, there were 9 people baptized, 8 from our rama (branch), and three of them were our investigators.  Alex and Luis got baptized as well as Wilmer, the uncle of Emperatriz, our investigator that got baptized two weeks before.  ¡Super chévere!

Wilmer, Alex & Luis
Wilmer and his family
Me and Luis after his baptism!  En verdad, his baptism was a true miracle.  He used to be a drug addict but now he´s totally clean and he´s one of the best people I´ve ever met.  He´s been so excited about everything, even when we thought he´d have to wait three months to be baptized (because of his previous drug abuse that he only stopped in December).  I am so glad I got to be here for his baptism.
Today are transfers but we haven´t heard anything yet.  Perhaps tonight they´ll call to tell one of us to pack our bags.  Hna. Herrera feels like maybe she´ll get transferred, but we´ll see.  I hope she doesn´t, we´ve become really good friends and work well together.  Ella es mi mamá, pues jaja
I really don´t have much news.  I can hardly remember anything from this week haha.  Love you mommy<3
Hermana Iverson
P.S.  Almost forgot!  We did service this week for Gladys, our convert!  It was so weird, we got to wear pants--in public!  Super duper weird (especially since my jeans fit a little better than they did in the MTC...)
P.P.S.  Yesterday was my 4-month mark!  WHOA.

No comments:

Post a Comment