Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day (Week 17)

March 17, 2014

As for my week, it was pretty normal.  We've been working with this family and they're literally perfect except for one little problem: the parents aren't married.  They have two kids, Jorge (14 years old) and Melanie (9).  Grasiela (the mom) just turned 32 (...I know.  It's pretty normal for women here of that age to have teenagers) and is almost 8 months pregnant.  We thought she was a member because she remembered the missionaries teaching her when she was about 10 and even remembered her baptism, but didn't remember her confirmation.  I guess it didn't happen because she doesn't have a record in the church, and therefore is not a member.  Melanie got baptized on Saturday and she's literally the cutest little girl ever.  She's super super smart and super funny.  Her dad actually kind of wanted to get baptized the same day too, but he kind of has to get married first.  Ya mismito though; we're having a family home evening with the stake president's family tomorrow night (his son's the ward mission leader and just got back from his mission like 2-3 months ago), and they're going to offer to pay half the fee so they can get married.  I swear mom, I will see this family baptized, every single one of them.  I want it so badly it's insane.  They're just so fantastic.
Melanie Coronel (yes that is my scarf around her waist--the dress was a little big okay)
The view from Katie's apartment

inside her apartment

" I got a package and letters from the Activity Day girls from Foothill!  That was so nice of Sis. Bennett, I loved it!"

Cuenca is really cool!  It's in the mountains so it's literally really cool, but since it's the warmer season right now it's actually generally sunny during the day.  It rains a lot, but never when I have my raincoat with me (claaaro que no).  People are reeeeaaaaaally Catholic here, but it's alright.  We have plenty of scriptures specifically to share with those people haha.  Cuenca is really pretty too.  A lot of places remind me a lot of Europe, and others remind me of Northern California.  But really though, sometimes it's hard to remember that I'm in South America because it just feels like I'm in a little European town.  I have some cool pictures from our little patio (we live on the top floor) so I can send you those.  

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment