Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hola...hace frío acá [Hello...It's Cold Here] Week 18

March 24, 2014

Sorry I didn´t send anything out last week, I hardly wrote anything anyway.  The only news is that I´ve been here in Cuenca for about five weeks now, but there are cambios today so we´ll see what happens.

Cuenca is suuuuuuuuper cold, especially compared to the coast.  I´m kind of dying, especially right now, because I´m sitting right next to the door.  It´s sort of like a mini European town in some parts here, it´s kind of cool.  There´s even a super fancy mall that we got permission to go to today since we brought more than 5 people to church yesterday haha.  It was so fancy, I thought I was in the US.  There was a KFC, McDonald´s, California Kitchen Co., and other things that were generally really cool.  I even bought a Butterfinger.  ...and a box of Alfajores that I found.  They´re a different brand than the kind in Uruguay, so we´ll see if they´re any good or not.

Fountain inside the mall

Baby bananas -- Katie is obviously excited

Butterfinger!

Alfajores, a Uruguayan favorite
This last week we didn´t have any baptisms, but hopefully everything will go well for our baptism for this week.  His name is Jorge and he´s 14, super tall, and super serious, but we´re starting to get him to smile more.  He´d never admit it, but we´re totally his friends.  The week before last, his little sister got baptized, so we´re hoping this will help get him excited.
...so I bought a beanie...and I love it so much

Nothing else really is new, except that I bought a beanie last week (I love it I wear it all the time when we´re in the house) and that I´ve probably gained about 15 lbs since I left my house.  Greeeeaaaaat.  Meh it´s okay, I was a little underweight before the mish.  

Hope everyone´s doing great and I hope to hear from you next week!

Love, 
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment