Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ecuador Week 21

April 14, 2014

Hey mom!  So yeah, this week wasn´t super eventful for me either.  It kind of sucked missing Conference.  If you can already read them online and stuff and knew I didn´t see it, why didn´t you send me those talks you liked...?  Idk, it would be really appreciated haha.  Otherwise, I´ll have to wait a month to read it in the Liahona in Spanish (which I can do, but it´d be nice to have it now in English).  

I think as a result of being sick last weekend, my appetite went out the window.  Usually I can eat meals like the pictures I sent you, but this week I was dying.  I could barely finish any of our lunches.  The mission has made me develop a burning hatred for rice.  Please, whatever you do, don´t try and serve me traditional ecuatoriana food when I get home, and DO NOT GIVE ME RICE.  I will have eaten enough rice to literally last me a lifetime.  When I get home just take me to In n Out or something, but no rice.  None.  I don´t even want to see it.

Our convert Yinson has been really great.  He´s literally one of those golden investigators that every missionary dreams about.  This week he bought us pizza and gave us presents (he also got them for my companion´s former companion, who were the ones who met him right before I got here; she just went to the neighboring ward, still in the same chapel, and we´re pretty sure he has a giant crush on her, it´s really funny): he found out our favorite colors and got us coordinating scarves and gloves.  It was really sweet.  He´s so funny, because he´s just kind of turned into our little buddy.  We always meet him in the park, and in the park right next to it they do bailoterápia, which is sort of like dance aerobics, every night at 8pm.  Every once in a while he´ll just be like "¡Bailemos!" and we´re just like "...you know we can´t!" so he´ll just start dancing by himself and it´s really funny haha.  I sometimes forget that he´s literally twice our age since he looks and acts so young.  
Katie in front of the cathedral
Well, I have some pictures of our little outing today.  We got permission to go downtown and I FINALLY got to take pictures in front of the cathedral.  They always make me think of you.  I think that´s why I love them so much.  This one was so pretty.  We went to a little artesania feria near there, and it was awesome!  I´ll send some pictures of stuff I got.
Katie loving her spoon
from the feria (street market)

Love, 
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment