Friday, April 24, 2015

Only a month left

April 20, 2015

After straightening her hair.  Getting long again!

As for news this week on my part, it was pretty slow.  Just a lot of sun.  Oh, I wanted to send you pictures last week, but the salon was closed so we went straight to the cyber to write as we waited for it to open.  But last week we went to a salon (gabinete is what they´re called here) and I had my hair straightened!  It looked really nice, and suuuuper long!  It was the first time in my entire mission that my hair has touched my nametag (a common problem for other sister missionaries).  

Yesterday we had the District Conference here in Loja.  We traveled there with the branch in a bus that they rented.  It was really nice, there were some very good talks.  I´ve noticed that Church leaders have been talking a lot recently about the families and marriage, and also self-reliance.  Those were the two main topics that I noticed yesterday.  Makes one wonder what´s to come in the future...

Other than that, not much.  Just that I FINALLY finished reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage (that thing has nearly 800 pages; I think I started it in August when I was stuck in the house every day with my cast) this week, and I was really happy--I had wanted to finish it before I finished my mission.  Also, I think Saturday is April 25th is the perfect date: not too hot, nor too cold, all you need is a light sweater (if you´ve seen Miss Congeniality, you understand me).  But yeah, not much else.  Same old same old, looking for investigators, teaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  Still haven´t had cambios, but I only have a month left, so I hope I stay here in Catamayo with my companion, so I can finish her training.

I´m so glad I came on my mission.  It´s the best thing I could have done for my life.  I wish that everyone could have this opportunity to serve a mission.

Love you all so so much,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment