Friday, April 24, 2015

Both good and bad

March 9, 2015

Welp I have almost no time to write because I have been looking for a place to send a package to my house and people have been sending me all over Catamayo looking for one.  We spent a super long time in one place to have her tell me that for my 8 lb package, from here to california it would cost me $128...so obviously I didn´t send it, but I did spend half an hour there that I could have spent writing.  Super mad.

So yeah, this week was both good and bad.  Good, because we found a whole bunch of new investigators!  Woohoo!  But bad, because none of them went to church.  So we´re going to be working on that this week so that it doesn´t happen again.  No good finding new investigators if they don´t go to church.  But there are other good news!  Michell is getting baptized this week!  She´s an 11-year-old girl that we´ve been teaching; her twin sister and her younger brother are already members, and for a long time we thought she was a member as well.  But when we found out she wasn´t, we went to talk to her and invited her to get baptized and she was just like "yeah okay" and we were like "oh cool, sweet".  But she´s a sweet girl.  She´s actually been really excited, because she´s getting baptized on her birthday (she´s turning 12), so we´ve been planning on making cupcakes.

This week has been really sweet with my converts: Delia told us this week how even though she has 1,001 health problems, "she got baptized, so she has to keep going and enduring to the end."  It´s a wonderful feeling hearing one of your converts say that, especially if she´s an adorable tiny little old woman.  Also, Jesus got a Bible this week!  She´s been wanting one for a while, and a senior missionary couple had talked to her when they visited Catamayo last week, and this week since they were going home, President Pettingill sent his own Spanish Bible to Catamayo specifically to gift to her.  It was so so sweet, and she was so happy.  I love Jesus and Rodolfo.  They´re the sweetest couple.

Welp, gotta go now.  Talk more next week!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment