Friday, April 24, 2015

Merry Christmas! (and you will never guess where I am...)

December 22, 2014

wow so this week has been super crazy.  Where do I begin...well Tuesday morning we were told that the entire zone had to be in Guayaquil by 8pm with a change of clothes and our temple recommends.  So we spent the afternoon traveling and spent the night in Guayaquil because Wednesday we all got to go through the temple!  It was a really neat Christmas present.  The entire mission got to go, with different zones going different days, and Santa Rosa and Machala went on Wednesday.  It was so nice to go, since I hadn´t gone in 6 months.  It was even nicer, because I realized that there was a group of missionaries finishing and going home on Thursday, and in that group were two of my former (and favorite) companions, Hermana Carollo and Hermana Herrera, my trainer.  And I got to see them both!  I got to talk to Hermana Carollo for a few minutes there in the temple hotel, but I just saw Hermana Herrera for about five seconds, literally, just long enough to give her a big hug and the note I wrote for her.  It´s so sad to think that my trainer has already finished her mission.  After going through the temple and eating lunch and everything, we went back to Santa Rosa.  Right before I left, the people in the office gave me some mail...and my package that you sent me!  I got it just in time for Christmas.  I was really really really really happy. :D

...but the locura doesn´t stop there!  The next morning I got a phone call in the middle of personal study from my zone leader, and the first thing he asked was how long I´d been there in Santa Rosa.  All I thought was "FREAK I´ve got cambios".  Then he asked how long it takes to go from Santa Rosa to Guayaquil, and I was just like "freeeeaaaaaakkk I totally have cambios".  And then the famous line in the mission that I think every zone leader is obligated to use when they´re about to tell someone they have cambios: "Hermana, ¿tiene algo para apuntar?" ("Hermana, do you have something to write with?") and I was just "freaking bestia tengo cambiossss".  So yup, Thursday, exactly a week before Christmas, I got cambios and left Santa Rosa after 3 months there.  Hermana Macahuachi was so sad that she started crying.  That made me really sad because I was really excited to be with her for Christmas for the second year in a row.  I love her so much.  We were only together for a month. :(  But yeah, so we got to Guayaquil and I waited a while until my companion showed up.  But we were a little confused, because my companion was the one who had cambios as well, o sea, she didn´t have a sector either.  We thought we were going to open a sector somewhere, but as it turns out, we were going to be in a trio in...you´ll never guess...Cuenca!  I went back to Alamos, my first sector there in Cuenca.  Yup.  That´s right.  I left Cuenca to go back to Santa Rosa, and then only left Santa Rosa to go back to Cuenca.  I thought they were joking when they told me.  But yeah, after nine months I´m back in Alamos.  It´s actually really cool, because I was only here for 5 weeks (my shortest time in any sector) but everyone remembers me and is all happy to see me.  That makes me feel good, and a little confused, since I didn´t talk much.  It´s interesting being in a trio.  My new companions are Hermana Arizala from Esmeraldas, a province in Northern Ecuador (I think that´s the Quito North mission), and Hermana Petersen from Utah, who I actually talked to on facebook over the summer when I was home and she just had her mission call.  They´re both really great and the three of us get along really well.  

It´s exciting to be back in Cuenca.  It´s cold, but I still have plenty of warm clothes from the last two times I was here (que bestia).  I love you all and can´t wait to talk to you on Thursday.  Have a holly jolly Christmas and make good choices!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment