Friday, April 24, 2015

sorry I haven´t sent y´all an email in a while...

September 22, 2014

Welp, this week...I can´t remember what happened.  Today was fun!  And at the same time not... :/

First, the fun part: we went to visit the mayor´s house/farm!  There´s a member in the ward who´s kind of famous, as in everybody knows him (everyone calls him "Cholo" it´s so funny to me hehe), who works as a gardener there and he invited us there to visit.  We got a tour of the grounds and saw some llamas that were just hanging out in a little forest in the back, we got to explore the cacao orchard that was behind the grove thing and ate some of the cacao (when you crack it open, there are a bunch of seeds covered in this white stuff that you can eat, and later they use those seeds to make chocolate and stuff), said hi to the monkey, had the tour guide hit on my companion big time (it was really funny and really awkward at the same time), and after we left, we had a little picnic with the member that accompanied us.  So that was pretty neat!

The not so fun part: Afterwards, we came back to print out our emails and I checked to make sure if I still had my photos (last week I realized after writing that all of my photos had disappeared and someone told me they were just in a hidden file that I couldn´t open on my camera--luckily they were right), and when I saw they were still there, somehow all of the photos that I had taken in the last week--including all of the photos I took today of our outing--actually did get erased.  So I can´t even send you photos of the stuff we did today.  I´m still annoyed about that.  Then later we went to go to the other zone to go grocery shopping and print photos, but since my sd card has gone psycho this week it wouldn´t open right away and apparently we didn´t have time to print photos anymore.  I was even more annoyed.  But oh well, I´ll be fine.  Hopefully I´ll be able to next week...

Other than that, I´ve been enjoying the usually cool weather here.  Oh, on Saturday I got to see two members from Rama 1 that were really special for me and Hermana Herrera when we were there: first I saw the husband of a family that used to give us lunch on Tuesdays that we were really close with (we passed his parked car and I suddenly heard someone yell "Hermana Iverson!"  I was really confused until I saw him sitting there in the car we were just passing haha).  About an hour later we went to eat lunch in the restaurant of one of the members, which is where we happened to eat that day, and her sister who is in Rama 1 happened to be there that day too!  She lived in Los Ceibos where Hermana Herrera and I worked, and she told me that of allllllll the many people that we taught and baptized in that sector, only one of them is still active in the church.  That was kind of sad...but it was really nice to see her! :P

I´m so glad you saw Raquel!  [Katie's cousin] Tell her I say hi and that I´m proud of her for giving her whole talk in English.  She told me a month ago that she was worried about going home because she literally hasn´t spoken in English her entire mission.  I was even worried for her myself haha.

Love you all,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment