Friday, April 24, 2015

sorry I don´t write very often anymore...

October 13, 2014

I think I might just make another bullet list, just because it´s easier:
  • Monday night I dyed my hair, since it was getting really light again, but I kind of got a little distracted and let it sit for an extra 20 minutes before I remembered and washed it out.  It was looking pretty much black those first couple of days.  It´s still pretty dark, but looking a little more normal now.
  • On Tuesday I got mail!  I got your card that you [from Mom] sent from Alaska!  I really loved it.  It was just what I needed.  I also got Mandy´s wedding announcement, ironically five days after her wedding.  And I got a letter from Jonathan Sevy.  It was nice to have that much mail all at once.
  • I learned how to make tortillas this week!  My family´s going to be so happy when I get home and make them for them.  It´s nice having a Central American companion that knows how to cook.
  • I finished off the last of my peanut butter stash...send help
  • I found out that the word for heart attack in Spanish is "infarto".  Just about died when I heard that. ("He´s dying from infarto!" hehehehe)
  • On Friday we went to another baptism in the river in Arenillas.  It was pretty cool.
  • Yesterday during sacrament meeting, this old guy just walked into the chapel holding an almost 3-liter bottle of coca cola, saw us sitting nearby, and wordlessly handed it to my companion before walking away to find a seat.  I just started laughing because it was so weird.  I´m still laughing, it was so funny.
Welp, that was just about everything this week.  I love you all very much and I´m sorry if this letter was a little boring.

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment