Friday, April 24, 2015

Rodolfo and Jesus got baptized!

February 2, 2015
At the baptism of Rodolfo and Jesus

Sorry I wrote so little last week, and it looks like I`m not going to be able to write very much this week either.  The thing is when I came to Catamayo, I was made hermana lider again (when I went back to Cuenca I had stopped being hermana lider), so I had to travel to Guayaquil for Consejo de Lideres today.  It was pretty rough, because Loja is the farthest away from Guayaquil.  It`s roughly a 9 hour bus ride.  We left at 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday and got in at 10 o`clock at night.  We leave to go back at 5, so we`re going to be getting in suuuuuper late...

But anyways, the big news this week: Rodolfo and Jesus got baptized!  It ended up being a really special service.  It was going to be Friday night at 6pm, and the day before we visited them and verified with them the time and everything they would need to bring, with both of them and their son, and somehow the next day all three of them had gotten confused and had thought that it was at 7pm.  I don`t know how, we told them 6 o`clock, and we verified and they all told us 6 o`clock.  I don`t know.  We realized that they got it confused because the elders found Rodolfo at around 5 en el centro, near the church, with a big old backpack and he had told them that his baptism was at 7, so they called us to confirm.  We started to freak out, because we weren`t exactly sure where he was.  But when we went to get Angel and Jesus in their house, Rodolfo showed up and started getting ready to go.  We were so relieved.  Since they were a little thrown by surprise since they forgot the real time that the baptism was starting, they didn`t get ready in time and we showed up really late.  But it`s okay, because they got baptized!  And everything worked out really well.  They got confirmed yesterday, but once again the teeny tiny chapel was so full that we had to sit out in the hall, so we could barely just hear them giving the blessing.  But it`s okay, the point is they`re confirmed.
from our service project with Carolina



Another exciting thing that happened this week is that we got to do service on Thursday!  We went and helped the member that`s always accompanying us paint her room.  It was really fun.

This week, Angel, Rodolfo and Jesus`s son, is getting baptized (on saturday).  I hope everything works out well, he has a weird girlfriend that`s been causing problems for him.  But she`s starting to be more supportive, so I hope things keep going well.

I love you and everyone a lot, and I`m so so so grateful that families can be together forever.  That`s something I`ve been really grateful for this week.

Until next week,

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment