Friday, April 24, 2015

Buenos días de Guayaquil...

November 17, 2014

So I´m actually writing you from Guayaquil, because last night my companion had cambios!  We were together for 10 weeks--my second-longest companionship in my entire mission (no one´s beat Hermana Herrera´s record of 12 weeks yet).  She went to Alamos, my first sector that I had in Cuenca!  So I told her to look up a few of my converts there.  Right now, I´m waiting with the enfermeras from the office until my companion comes in.  We have to be at the airport at 1pm, so I don´t know if she´s coming back to the mission after being sent home, or if she´s coming in from Galápagos.  We´ll see.

This week we have (con la ayuda de Dios) two baptisms!  One of them is a 12-year-old girl named Kerly that´s super sweet and has been on our minds my entire time here in Santa Rosa.  She almost got baptized before, but they were having some crises in their family that made it difficult for her to progress.  Now, her mother is more open to the idea of going to church, and yesterday was even all excited to go and got ready on time and went with their neighbors, who are members, and were there 9 o´clock on the dot (punctuality is a rare and precious thing here).  Kerly is really excited to be baptized.  This is exactly what her family needs right now.  This will help her mother have the peace and comfort that she needs during these trials that she´s going through.  The other person getting baptized is a man named José, who is a little confused and facing a lot of tests and temptations.  Both Hermana Gutiérrez and I felt that now is his time that he needs to be baptized, but my new companion and I are going to have to help him to see that.  Pray for him, for both of them, that everything works out well.

This letter I got a letter from Bhargavi!!  It got here super fast.  I really loved it and it made me miss her and all of my friends so I had to kind of stop reading it so it wouldn´t make me trunky hahaha.  But really though, I have the best friends in the world.  I´m so glad and grateful to know such wonderful people and have them in my life.

Well, we were going to go to a wedding today...the elders have a family they´ve been teaching and today the parents are getting married so that they can get baptized this week.  I was really excited to go...but now we won´t get back in time.  Sad.  I donated two rings I had that I wasn´t using for the ceremony, and I was hoping to see...but it´s okay.  I´ll see their baptism at least.

Other than that, it´s been a normal week.  Now I´m just waiting to see who my new companion is!  

Les amo mucho y pienso en ustedes frecuentemente (pero no demasiado, tengo que enfocarme también) y en toda la familia.  Sé que ésta es la Iglesia de Jesucristo y que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero y la palabra de Dios.  Estoy muy agradecida por todo lo que mi Padre Celestial ha hecho para mí, y quiero siempre hacer lo correcto para que vuelva a Su presencia otra vez.

Con mucho amor y cariño,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment