Friday, April 24, 2015

buenas de Ecuador

November 3, 2014

Well first of all, I didn´t get to write last week what we did for P-day.  We had gone to the house of some members for lunch, and they basically live in a school, where they provide lunch for the faculty--it was a little confusing.  But we played in the jungle gym, and we went to the back where they had tire swings.  That was really fun.  I finally got on one and they were pushing me really high and it was really exciting.  Also, last week I was so excited, I finally learned the words to the song "La Cucaracha"!  I´m so excited to shock and amaze everyone when I get home.  A lot of people don´t even realize that there are words haha.

This week, we were working really hard to find new investigators and to invite more people to be baptized.  Something that we tried was to turn it into a competition--whoever invited less people to be baptized in one day had to buy ice cream for the winner.  I kind of bought a lot of ice cream for my companion this week...got to shape things up.  We´ve also been working with these family history pamphlets that are really neat, where you can fill out your information and also put the information for your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.  I´ve really enjoyed that.  

Halloween was very uneventful and disappointing.  They do less than nothing here.  It was very sad.  I at least wore my orange shirt with black...I also ate one candy when we got back to the house.  So sad. *sniff*  But hey, at least we have the ward activity this week that we´re organizing!  It´s gonna be really fun.  Here, they celebrate more Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).  It´s not like what we learned in school, here it´s more that people travel to where their family members who have passed away are buried and go to pray at their grave to honor them, or something like that.  It happened to be Sunday, so a lot of people were traveling that day, making it hard to bring them to church.

Other than that, we just ate a lot of fish this week.  Like, almost every day.  It was ridiculous. 

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment