Friday, April 24, 2015

A Year in the Mission

November 24, 2014

So it´s been an interesting week.  I finally got my companion, and no, it´s not Hermana Davenport; but I thought that maybe it´d be her as well (but then I remembered that she´s currently studying in college right now, so she wouldn´t be coming back a month before the semester ends).  My companion is...Hermana Macahuachi!  When I started my mission in Rama 1, she was in Rama 2 with Hermana Almeida, the hermana from Uruguay.  She was the first sister missionary I ever lived with or met in the mission.  She´s from Peru, and she´d gone home to have surgery on her knee, and after being home for 7 months she came back last Monday, and I got to be her first companion back.  We´re both really happy, because she´s super sweet and adorable and funny and we get along really well.  Since she´s been gone for so long and I now technically have more time in the mission, I became senior companion for the first time in my entire mission. But it won´t be too bad, because I´m with Hermana Macahuachi so we´re basically like on the same level and she´s just really awesome.

So, all week we had been getting weird phone calls from the zone leaders asking for random things or random questions or whatever, and Thursday we got even more weird phone calls, asking for different papers and if we´d had interviews with Presidente Torres in the last capacitación 2 weeks before.  Finally they called us to tell us to be in our chapel at 4:30pm, and we figured what was going to happen.  Sure enough, we went and saw missionaries from both zones there in Santa Rosa, and Presidente was there interviewing people.  It was a little random, but pretty neat to have an interview with him, since I didn´t have one three weeks ago.

Well, I had a big surprise yesterday.  As I was getting ready yesterday morning to leave to pass for our investigators before church, I get a phone call from the zone leaders saying that I am now hermana leader, and that I have to travel to Guayaquil for consejo de lideres right after church, and that I´d have to coordinate with the other hermana leader, Hermana Mojica, the nurse in Arenillas, to go together.  It was kind of insane.  I had to pack for two days and nights, in case we had to spend the night in Arenillas upon arriving from Guayaquil, and after church we had to go to Arenillas to drop off my companion with Hermana Mojica´s companion and from there, we had to run to catch the bus going to Guayaquil that the zone leaders were already on, and then we made the drive to Guayaquil, coming in around 6pm.  Today, we had consejo, my first one.  It was pretty cool.  I liked it.  It was just strange that I was finally there, especially since I had had like zero warning.  So once again, I´m writing in the bus terminal in Guayaquil.  Fun stuff.

Tomorrow I´m going to hit a year in the mission, in total.  I can´t believe that I really already have a year.  It went by so fast.  I hope you all have fun with Thanksgiving this week!  

Love you lots,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment