Friday, April 24, 2015

Just a few things happened this week

November 10, 2014

Just a few things happened this week.  The most eventful thing was that Tuesday was insane.  We had a capacitación (training meeting) with Presidente in Machala, with all four zones here in El Oro.  We found out Monday night that we had to be in Machala seated in the chapel at 7:45am--Machala is about an hour away in bus.  So we woke up super early to get ready and leave to meet the elders to get the bus, and we saw that they had all brought extra backpacks; apparently the zone leaders had told them to bring an overnight bag with extra clothes because we were going to stay the night.  They had forgotten to mention that to us.  We had to rush to the house and pack some stuff really fast and race back to the bus stop, but the elders didn´t wait for us since we were already late.  So we got a bus by ourselves, without knowing where it was that we needed to get off.  We had the streets and we kept asking, but the bus driver wasn´t helping us.  We finally got off who knows where, and asking where these streets were.  Someone tells and we start walking.  And walking.  And walking.  And we never got there and had no idea if we were even close.  We stopped again after walking for 6 blocks to ask where this darn chapel was and found out we were sooooooo far off that it wasn´t even funny.  We finally just got a taxi, and managed to get there just at 8am.  We were a little frustrated, you might say.  The worst part?  We didn´t even stay the night.  After lunch, we got to go back to Santa Rosa.  But the good news is that I saw my trainer, Hermana Herrera!  She´s there in Machala, training again (I have a sister in the mission!).  We were so frazzled trying to get there that it didn´t even occur to me that she being in Machala would mean that I would see her there, so I was pleasantly surprised to see her.  She´s so fantastic.  I really love her.

We had the Halloween party this last Friday!  We had some issues with the budget that was a little stressful, but at the end we managed to get everything done.  We had told people it would be starting at 6pm so that by 7pm they would start showing up and we could get started, but it was 7:30 and we were really nervous that no one was going to come.  It was nearly 8pm when there was finally enough people to start.  We´ve decided that we´re going to tell people 4pm for the next activity so that we can actually get started on time.  But it was really fun!  We had a few games planned that were really fun, and there was music, and candy, and cake (that we made super last minute that afternoon, but turned out okay), and some chicken sandwiches that a sister made as a refreshment.  It was a success.  We´re going to get started early planning for Christmas...

Also, funny story.  Yesterday in Relief Society, I started dozing off by accident since I was really tired (bad sleep the night before).  Just as I´m really relaxed, my companion chucks her little hymnbook at me from two chairs away.  I woke with a start, nearly jumping out of my chair, and we both start laughing super hard as quietly as we can.  After two minutes of hardcore laughing, the teacher finally stops and asks us what the big joke is.  My companion had to tell her what happened.  It was so funny.  Moral of the story:  don´t fall asleep in church, or you´ll get hymnals thrown at you.

Other than that, not much else happened.  Just that in exactly one month from today is my birthday!  I can´t believe I´m almost 21.  I still feel like a teenager.
welp take care folks!
Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment