Friday, April 24, 2015

well this week was una vaina

August 11, 2014
Me being super frustrated and angry after having the heel put on
wooooo got to go in the cart again

So the only really exciting thing that happened this week was that the tacón (heel) got put onto my cast!  It was really annoying, because we were supposed to have had it done on Wednesday, and the enfermeras even called us to tell us that the hospital said that the doctor was there in the morning and that everything was fine, but then after going all the way over there (the hospital is in the other zone) we sat and waited for a loooooong time before a nurse came out and finally told us that the doctor we were waiting to see wasn´t even there!  He was working in a different hospital that morning and wouldn´t be there until the afternoon.  So she gave the enfermeras his number to call him and make an appointment, but they were being kind of flojas about calling and getting in to see him that day, so we had to wait until Thursday.  It was especially annoying because we spent almost $5 in taxis for nothing.  They got us an appointment Thursday night with him, at like 6:30pm.  So we go to his office, which is in a building right across the street from the hospital, and we have to pay $25 for the consultation fee.  We walk into his office, and he says "Well, we were going to put a heel on it, right?  You can go the the clinica across the street to go buy it.  Here´s a little paper with what you need."  Lame.  So we go across the street to buy the stuff.  He made us buy not only the heel, which wouldn´t have been that expensive, but also the special bandage stuff to put it on AND his gloves, all of which added up to another $25.  The man is a doctor and he doesn´t have his own gloves there in his office?  Grrr.  So we go back, and he starts putting the heel onto my cast.  Now it wasn´t a normal, functional, logical contraption.  It wasn´t like a boot, or even a shoe-sole kind of thing that would cover the whole bottom of my foot.  It was a giant 2"x3"x1.5" rubber block, uncomfortably placed far back towards my heel.  It´s got to be one of the stupidest looking things I´ve ever seen.  The doctor told me that I still have to use one crutch on my other side to walk.  It´s like, what is even the point of having this thing?  My companion, Hermana Adams, was literally sitting there watching the whole time with the funniest look on her face, of total shock and disbelief, like "What the heck is going on?!  What is he doing?!?"  She even asked him where he studied hahaha (luckily latinos tend to not notice sarcasm a lot).  I was so mad.  As we were leaving his office, we were both half yelling about how dumb this thing was.  When we got home, all of the hermanas were already home, since the hermanas in Azogues always get home early and the other hermanas have had to stay inside too since one of them is sick.  Two of the hermanas left to get pizza, and I sat in bed yelling with my companion at the ones that were still there about how ridiculous my stupid heel was and how I wanted to rip it off.  I just wanted to sit and scream, I was so frustrated.  I´ve just been using both crutches since then, because it hurts me to just use the one and walk on the heel.  My foot hadn´t been hurting at all, and then he put that on and it hurts every time I walk on it.  I´m hoping when my mission president sees the photos we sent him he´ll let me take it off.  We´ll see.

Other than that...not really anything else happened this week.  We´ve just been hanging out, leaving for an hour every day.  I´ve written a lot of letters.  Oh, that reminds me, I got another card from the Poelmans!  It was from Miho.  I thought it was funny that I´ve gotten more mail from them than I do from my own family.

Yup, that´s my life right now.  Kind of really frustrating.  Every time something happens and I get sad or upset or frustrated about it, by the time I finally accept it and am okay with it and am handling things with a better attitude, something even worse happens.  I´m not a fan of this cycle.  Pero solo hay que seguir adelante.  No puedo perderme la fe, o realmente me volveré loca.

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment