Friday, April 24, 2015

I don´t know why I write so much

January 12, 2015

The first half of this week was really slow, so I´ll just fast forward through the boring stuff.  So Thursday afternoon, we were in Baños, a part of our sector that is a little bit out of the city and up in the hillsides.  We had passed by a member´s house to visit her, and as soon as we got there she asked us, "Do you want to go up to see the view?  Come on, let´s go!" and before we knew it, she was taking us up her property, showing us her little crops that she had on the steep hillside above her house.  After showing us a few of her plots, she took us up a little higher, and then she showed us a path that was above her property (all of this is us going uphill), so we climbed through the fence and followed her up the path with her two kids.  The view was super neat and you could see everything, so we kept going higher and higher and higher.  At one point we stopped to talk for a little bit, when we realized what time it was.  We were going to be late for an appointment!  The sister asked us if we weren´t going to go up to the top of the hill. That´s when we realized we had almost climbed all the way to the top.  It was a fun little hike, especially since I haven´t hiked in a while.  It was a really neat view, especially since we could see the churches that were in the city center, which was really really far away.  

We ended up rushing back down so that we could make it to that appointment, but as it turned out, the family we were going to visit wasn´t even there...but the member couple that was going to come with us to visit them was waiting for us.  Oops.  It´s kind of funny, because the couple that was going to accompany us (familia Zapata Ponce), I´ve literally been following them my entire mission.  They´re both from Santa Rosa, and when I started my mission in Rama 1, the husband´s dad was the branch president there, and I met them when they came to visit when they were newly married.  Later when I left Santa Rosa, I came to Alamos for the first time, which is where they attend.  When I went to the other side of Cuenca, I saw them with the husband´s mom in the stake conference and we took pictures (that they still have, and showed me), but this time she was pregnant.  Then when I went back to Santa Rosa, I went to Rama 3--which is where the wife´s family lives.  They had come to visit while I was there, with their little baby.  So I know the families of both of them, and have been in their own ward twice.  Kind of funny.

We had a cool experience on Friday night.  We were leaving an appointment and were walking towards the main street to get the bus, when the member who was with us stopped and was like "hey that kid who just passed us is reading the Book of Mormon" so we were like "WHAT WHO WHERE" and one of my companions whistled at him to get him to come back haha.  So he came back and we asked him how he got that book.  Turns out his friend had lent him a copy and he liked it so much, that his friend got him his own two days earlier.  He had been reading it since then and was already 58 pages in.  In the short time he´s had contact with the Book of Mormon, he had already begun to quit drinking and smoking and other bad habits, and he´s only 17.  It was a miracle.  But...he didn´t have a phone number and he didn´t show up to our appointment the next day to find his house, so now we have to pray really hard that we find him again.  But we have faith!  We WILL find Jonny again, I know it.

Welp, besides that, on Thursday I found a white hair by my forehead...the sister who took us up on her hill pointed it out.  Also, Friday would have been my 15 month mark...my quinceñera *sniff*  Oh well.  It´s fine.

Love you a bunch!

Love, 
Hermana Iverson 

No comments:

Post a Comment