Friday, April 24, 2015

Lots going on

February 9, 2015

So after last week´s email all I could think was "Chuta, ¿qué está pasando?  Everyone´s either dying or pregnant!"  But really though.  Almost makes me believe in reincarnation (cuida´o, I said "almost").

Welp, after consejo last Monday, we left at 5pm for Loja.  We got there at 1:30 in the morning (so it´s more accurately an 8, 8.5 hour drive).  By the time that we got to the hermanas´ house and the hermana and I went to bed, it was 2am and even though we were exhausted, we were no longer sleepy.  It took us almost two hours to fall asleep.  I was so tired Tuesday morning.

We went back to Catamayo that day and Angel had his baptismal interview...and didn´t pass.  There are some things he needs to work on before he can be baptized, so he couldn´t be baptized this past Saturday.  So that was sad.  The next day (Wednesday), we went back to Loja to do intercambios with the hermanas.  I ended up staying in Loja that day with one of the hermanas there.  Loja is basically Cuenca I´ve decided, but maybe not quite as cold.  Everyone says that Cuenca is colder, but I felt like it was only by degrees.  But yeah, it looks the same, the weather/temperature is the same, and it kind of made me miss Cuenca a little bit.  But it´s okay, I´m very happy in Catamayo.  Since we also have zone meetings on Saturdays, I ended up traveling to Loja three times this week.  It was interesting.  Especially since after the intercambios, when we bought the tickets to go back to Catamayo and I gave the lady my name (Hermana Iverson), she wrote on the ticket "Jomara Averson".  It was really really funny.  I took a picture, but I lent my camera to the elders today and it looks like they passed a virus to my memory card and I lost my photos...we left it in a photo place to try and recover the photos.  I´m so done with Ecuadorian cybers.

One good thing this week, was that even though Angel couldn´t get baptized, after I saw my companion again after the intercambios (splits? idk what they´re called in English), she told me that Delia, the mother of one of the members here who has been staying with her daughter for a month or two, was going to be baptized that week!  She had gone to church for several weeks and had gone the minimum number to be baptized, and had been kind of unsure if she wanted to be baptized, because after she would go back to her house, she would have to travel an hour to the nearest town to go to church.  But while I was in Loja, the elders talked to her and she decided she was going to be baptized!  So even though Angel didn´t get baptized this week, Delia did!  Yaaaaaay. :)

This Sunday we finally moved into the new building that´s much larger now.  So now we aren´t in the tiny tiny chapel.  We all fit now!  It was the first time in the month since I´ve been here that I´ve been inside during Sacrament meeting.  Pretty exciting.  

Welp, I had a bunch of pictures to send this week...hopefully I´ll be able to send them next week. *fingers crossed*

Love you lots, and talk to you next week!  

Love, 
Hermana Iverson

p.s. pray for us, this Saturday is Carnaval...they´ve already started with the water balloons (I got hit in the head right before I got on...)

No comments:

Post a Comment