Friday, April 24, 2015

I still don´t have cambios and MY SISTER HAS HER MISSION CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2015

LAUREN GOT HER CALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I´m so excited for her!!!!!!  This is such an exciting time for her.  I can´t believe she´s going to Ohio!  I was convinced she was going to Germany, or Europe in general.  But then again, I was also convinced that Nathan was going to go to Canada, and then he went to Colorado.  Guessing people´s missions is not a skill I have.  Good thing I´m not in charge of assigning missions to future missionaries, I´d make a mess of things.
Well, so far we haven´t had cambios!  I´m still here in Catamayo with my hija, Hermana Quispe.  I really really really hope I get to stay more time and that we don´t get cambios today, because I really really really want to be here when our investigators, Adela and Gabriel, get baptized, and that should (hopefully) be this week.  Last week, we couldn´t find them nor get in contact with them on Sunday, but the next day we found them in their house, and it turned out that Adela´s health/vision had gotten so bad that she had to go to Loja for an emergency doctor´s visit.  Her vision won´t get better until she gets glasses, but they´re really expensive for her circumstances, and she´d have to pay a lot for a pair just to use them for a trial period of 3 months.  It´s rough.  That wasn´t the only trial they´ve had this week.  They needed one more church attendance to get baptized on their original baptismal date, April 18 (aka this Saturday), but another emergency came up, but this time with her other son (she has three children in total, but only the youngest, Gabriel, lives with her for the time being).  He was born with a certain medical condition, and in his 10 years of age, has already had four surgeries, and was about to have another one, but it was going to be a 50/50 chance that he would survive the surgery.  Since he´s having the surgery up in Quito, she traveled there as soon as she could so she and Gabriel could be with him before his surgery.  BUT, with the help of the members here and a returned missionary there, she and Gabriel found a chapel there and got to go to church!!  I´m really hoping our leaders count that as an attendance even though it wasn´t here, because honestly it shows their desire.  They´re traveling back today, so they should arrive in the early morning.  We´ll see them tomorrow.
Other than that, I got another card from Miho Poelman!  I think I´ve received about 8 or 9 cards from her throughout my whole mission.  I´m going to be there in the Judgment Day vouching for her when she goes up.  But really though, I just feel immensely grateful and full of love for her every time I receive mail from her.  I´m excited to see her to give her a big hug.
I think this week is Olivia´s 2nd birthday, no?  It´s Friday if I´m not mistaken.  Give her a big hug and a kiss from me!
Not really much else going on here, just praying I don´t have cambios--I HAVE to be here for this baptism, both of us. *fingers crossed super duper tight*  Love you all a lot!
Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment