Friday, April 24, 2015

¡Feliz Año Nuevo! (Happy New Year!)

December 29, 2014


Wow what a busy week.  I was so happy to talk to my family on Thursday.  It felt way too short. I love you all and I loved being able to talk to you.  

From the beginning of the week, there wasn´t anything that really happened.  Just that after we had our district meeting on Tuesday, our district leader shared some Christmas fudge that his mom had sent him, and besides calling my family that was probably the best thing that happened to me this entire Christmas season.  I haven´t had fudge in TWO YEARS--far too long.  It was delicious and made me just the tiniest tad bit trunky.  It also made me want to kick myself for not asking my mom to send me some, but I didn´t think she would for fear of it melting or going bad before it got to me, but now I see I was mistaken.  I really want some fudge.  And nut goody.  OH MY GOSH.

Tuesday night, we went to visit a part-member family that Hermana Petersen had been visiting with Hermana Gutierrez before we got here.  The husband/boyfriend is an inactive member, and his wife/girlfriend isn´t a member, but would like to be baptized; but she couldn´t because they were living together and weren´t married.  They have a little baby, but I guess before Christian, the boyfriend, wasn´t interested in coming back to church or getting married or anything.  But when we went Tuesday night and asked them what they thought about the matter, they took us completely by surprise when they told us that they had already started to get the papers they needed to get married!  As we continued talking, Christian said that he´d talked to his mom as well about coming back to church and how they want to take that step.  So we helped them make goals and put deadlines for their marriage, and for the baptism of Nelly, the girlfriend.  It was really really neat.  We´ve been really excited for them.

Wednesday and Thursday we had to be inside the house by 7pm.  Wednesday, we helped our mamita make lasagna for our lunch.  It was soooooo good.  We ate the leftovers for lunch the next day.  Thursday, right before we went to call and coordinate the time we were going to skype, we ran into a recent convert who took us to present us to his cousin´s family.  He took us to his aunt´s house to wait for them, but the thing is, she and another woman were preparing cuy--or in other words, guinea pig.  We watched them burn their hair off over the stove and then gut them completely.  It was gross but mesmerizing.  Very strange.

This week will be interesting with New Year´s; pretty sure no one will be out on Thursday.  Nobody.  They will all disappear.  Should be fun.

Love you all, stay safe, make good choices, and have fun!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment