Friday, April 24, 2015

The cast is off

September 1, 2014
The cast is off!
Add caption
 Well the biggest news is that I no longer have my cast!!!  Because we wrote so late last week, we showed up like 20 minutes late for the appointment, and sat there waiting to be let in for almost an hour, so it was probably about 7pm when he finally did take it off.  I have a couple videos that my companion filmed with my camera of him sawing it off, but I think the file is too big for me to send.  Phooey.  But yeah, after it was off, I couldn´t walk on it because it hurt to put pressure on it, so for a couple days he told me I´d have to use one crutch since it´s still healing and I wouldn´t be able to put pressure on it without it hurting like crazy.  By now I can walk without it pretty easily, but I still have a slight limp since I can´t put a whole lot of pressure on it still.  Sometimes I can even go up the stairs like a normal person, not going up one step at a time.  It´s really exciting.  


Well, not too much else happened this week until this weekend.  On Saturday, there was a ward activity that ended up being really good.  They had some grills going and music playing and people were playing soccer and basketball in the court.  They had some really good music; my companion and I were dying because we just wanted to sing and dance along.  Our investigator Eddy almost immediately on his arrival started helping out with the grilling, and ended up helping out the entire time.  His eyes hurt really badly from all the smoke, pobrecito.  That night was his baptism!!  He was really excited for it.  It all went really well.  The next day at church we had a scare because he was late (only by 5-10 minutes, but he HAD to be there for his confirmation), but with a lot of faith, prayer, and phone calls, he showed up and we sat down just in time for the opening prayer.  He got confirmed without any problems.

Yesterday afternoon my companion went to Guayaquil with the other hermana leader to go to consejo, so guess who´s 24-hour companions with Hermana Whitmore again?  Meeeeeee!! :D  We´ve been having a lot of fun.  Today we found some really really really cute artesania and I finally managed to successfully barter some stuff down (the guy was being ridiculous but he finally caved when we said we could find it somewhere else and started walking out--hehehe).  It´s been a good day.

I can´t believe that Raquel is going home so soon!  It feels like a million years since I´ve seen her.  She only writes me in Spanish whenever we do remember to write each other, and she uses a lot of Chilean slang that I don´t understand haha.  Soy ecuatoriana pues.  When you see her give her a big hug from me.  The time goes by so fast: I already have 9 months--that´s half my mission done.  It´s so strange.

I love you and everyone else in the family.  Yeah, it´s been difficult around here for a while, but this week in one of our zone meetings they talked about humility and I decided I needed to be more humble and accepting of the plan that God has for me.  I´m working on not murmuring so much--I want to be like Nephi, not like Laman and Lemuel.  It´s a process, but it helps. 

Love you all!  Besos y abrazos,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment