Friday, April 24, 2015

this week was really boring, but I still wrote a lot about it...yup

August 4, 2014

To answer your questions, I didn´t exactly break my foot so much as fracture it.  It´s actually a tiny little fracture, but I ended up with the big whole cast.  Kind of annoying.  We were going crazy being inside this week, because the nurses kept giving us weird excuses from the mission president as to why we couldn´t go outside, stuff like that he was afraid that my cast would break if I walked on it.  ...but I don´t walk on it, because I have my crutches.  I have crutches so that I don´t walk on it.  And either way, the fact that it would break is just ridiculous.  We were getting frustrated, so finally on Wednesday afternoon (a week after I fell) I called my mission president to see what was really going on.  I was kind of terrified, but I knew that he wouldn´t get mad at me because he is practically charity personified and would just answer my questions, but I was still scared to call.  But I did it!  It was kind of funny because at first I got nervous and just asked him why exactly I couldn´t go outside, and he was just like, "Well...you have a cast, right?" Well you´ve got a good point there, but still.  But after we talked for a few minutes, he told me that if I really wanted to and if I thought I could handle it, we could leave for an hour that day to see how it went.  So we went out for an hour, not really sure who to talk to since we lost our only progressing investigators the week before.  We ended up finding this one guy and after talking to him for a little bit, he accepted a date for baptism!  We were so happy when we got home.  It was exactly what we needed.  Ever since then, the nurses have been letting us go out for an hour every day.  Victory is mine.  We even got to go to all of church yesterday, so everyone in Totoracocha (where I was 2.5 months ago) saw me in my cast with my crutches.  I should have counted how many times I told people "¡Me caí!" upon them asking what happened.  My convert Yinson saw me and was freaking out.  It was kind of funny.  My favorite reaction though was from one sister who we had visited in her house.  When I was there, she was recovering from a torn tendon or something and couldn´t leave her house very often, and after a while only left to go to church in crutches.  Now she walks around totally fine without any help, but when she saw me in my crutches and my cast, she just started laughing because it was so funny how we had just switched spots.  That was entertaining.

Since this is the first Monday of the month, my companion (being the hermana leader) went to Guayaquil with the other hermana leader and the zone leaders for consejo with presidente, so I´ve been with the other hermana leader´s companion: Hermana Whitmore!!  I´ve been really excited to be 24-hour companions with her.  She´s my best buddy here in the mish.  Today we made oreo balls and bought stuff to make s´mores, and Hna. Whitmore made fresh orange juice because as we were leaving the house today there was this truck outside our house selling 25 oranges for $1!!!!  We couldn´t pass it up.  

My foot is doing fine and doesn´t hurt me at all (I´m not even taking medicine because it´s not necessary) so don´t worry about me.  I´m getting a heel/boot thing put on my cast on Wednesday so that I can walk on it!  Just two more days with crutches!!!  Yessssss.

But yeah, nothing else really going on right now.  Love you lots and hope you´re all doing well. 

Love you and talk to you next week,
Hermana Iverson

p.s. we went grocery shopping today and they gave me a motorized cart to use and it was awesome--but it would beep as it would go in reverse so I did everything I could to not have to go backwards

No comments:

Post a Comment