Friday, April 24, 2015

I´m a mom! (wat)

March 2, 2015
Guayaquil Temple

Katie's new companion, Hermana Quispe

Katie with Hermana Whitmore who is going home

First of all, I CAN´T BELIEVE THAT IT KEEPS SNOWING IN CALIFORNIA WHEN I´M NOT THERE THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.  It´s snowed in Temecula, and now it snowed in San Jose--I feel like at any moment I´m going to hear stories about snowboarding in San Diego.  Gosh darn.

Well the biggest news this week is that I HAVE AN HIJA NOW!!!  Or in other words, right after I wrote last week, at 6pm on the dot, we got a phone call saying that Hermana Risco had cambios and that I was going to train!!  We had been saying all week, Hna. Risco and I, that she was going to have cambios and that I was probably going to train.  But it was a little weird that that was exactly what happened.  So we had to go pack up her stuff super duper fast and barely left on the 7:15 bus for Loja (one of the very last buses to leave).  She ended up going to Zamora, in the other zone, and I left for Guayaquil with other trainers and missionaries who had cambios at about 10pm.  We got there to Guayaquil at about 6am, and the trainers went straight to the temple with the missionaries that were going home (one of them being Hna. Whitmore, my bff here in the mish; I never lived my dream of being her companion *sniff*).  I was so tired and gross and all I wanted to do was bathe and change my clothes, but there was no time; we ended up going to the temple, so I changed there (que vergüenza).  But woohoo!  I went to the temple this week. :)  But yeah, later we met the newbies and had the capacitacion (training meeting? I don´t know what it´s called in English) and then they assigned the companions.  My new companion is... *drum roll* ...Hermana Quispe, de Perú!  She´s from Arequipa, which is in the southern part of Peru.  She´s also 25 years old, and taller than me (that surprised me more than her age to be honest), so it´s kind of interesting.  She´s a little quiet, but really sweet and really excited to work.  We´re starting to open up a little more and we´re starting to get along really well (not to say that we didn´t get along, just that she´s a little reserved, like I said).  So yeah, I have an hija. :)

Nothing else really happened this week, just that exciting change.  I was a little nervous, but I think it´ll be fine.  I´ve reached a point where I pretty much know what I´m doing, and I know that the Lord will help me teach her what she needs to know.  We´ll see how this goes!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment