Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy (post) Easter!

April 6, 2015

From the top of La Cruz

Well the biggest news this week: this past weekend was General Conference!!  It was also the first time in my entire mission that I was able to attend all four sessions.  My first, I was only able to go to the Saturday morning session, the second time I only missed the Saturday morning session, and this time I saw all four; and they were AMAZING.  I don´t know if the messages are getting better over the years or if I´ve just learned to appreciate them more as I´ve gotten older.  I think it´s a bit of both.  

They talked a lot about the family and marriage on Saturday (my companion and I were just like "que bestia, how trunky").  The connection was still a little iffy, and it was pausing so much that we finished watching the morning session 35 minutes late.  That was awkward.  It improved greatly after that, when the members figured out that when they moved the tv closer to the door and the open hallway that the connection improved a lot.  We had our investigators, a single mom and her 9-year-old son (Adela and Gabriel) in the morning and the afternoon.  Well, Adela came alone in the afternoon because Gabriel was still eating his lunch.  They kind of disappeared Sunday morning and we haven´t been able to find them since, so we´ll see what happens.

Other than the super awesome talks that we got to hear, we also did an intercambio (divisions/splits, I still don´t know what you call them in English) with the other hermanas in Loja this past Wednesday.  So I got to spend the whole day there in Loja and I found a convert of my trainer (Hermana Herrera)!  She was going to tell Hna. Herrera to write me since she hasn´t written me ONCE since she went home almost four months ago (and she has my email address, no excuse), but still no email.  *sigh*

Welp, this week would have been my last if I hadn´t gone home last summer.  This Thursday is April 9, and would have been my 18-month mark.  I can´t believe that I already would have had a year and a half in the mission!  I´m just glad that I still have more time.  Well, not that much.  I officially started my last cambio (transfer) today.  I don´t know what date I´m going home, but it should roughly be in six weeks from now.  Roughly.  If they don´t send me home early or extend me, two very probable options in this mission.  Today there are cambios, so three things could happen: 1) My companion and I both stay here and I finish her training before going home, 2) she has cambios and I go to train one last time before I die (something quite common that happens here), or 3) I have cambios, since I already have 2 cambios here in Catamayo (roughly three months).  I really hope I finish my mission here.  I don´t want to start over in a new area, and I really love it here in Catamayo.  

Only time will tell all these things. Love you lots, and hope everyone´s doing well.  Until next week,

Love, 
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment