Friday, April 24, 2015

Back in Santa Rosa

September 15, 2014

Welp, I had an interesting week as well.  First of all, no, I´m not in Guayaquil; just whenever we have cambios we always have to travel there before going to our new sector--even if it would just be much faster to just go straight there.  I had to pack up all of my stuff in about an hour and a half, two hours and then travel back to Guayaquil--for the third time that day.  By the time my companion (for a day) and I got there, we were so exhausted it wasn´t even funny.  We then had to somehow carry all of our luggage alone between the two of us because the asistentes weren´t there to pick us up.  We were dying, running all over the bus terminal with all of our stuff to find the place where the missionaries always go but couldn´t find because we got turned around where we got dropped off.  Then we couldn´t call them because our phone was beyond dead and we didn´t have a charger (we always borrowed from the other hermanas...kind of makes you think of the 5 foolish virgins who didn´t bring enough oil), and they showed up an hour after we got there.  I was literally falling asleep standing up.  It was awful.  Welp, we spent the night in the house of some hermanas there in Guayaquil, and the next morning we went back and found out where we were going: I was going back to Santa Rosa, while my companion was going to open a sector in Arenillas, a town about half an hour away from Santa Rosa that´s usually just had elders.  So now I´m in Santa Rosa, but in Rama (branch) 3, when before I was in Rama1.  I´m with Hermana Gutiérrez, who is from Honduras and was actually here in Rama 3 when I was in Rama 1.  She came back about a month ago.  She´s a really great missionary and I´m excited to be her companion.  Right now it´s still the cool season here, so I got here and was shocked that it could actually be cool here.  About an hour ago it was actually kind of raining.  I´m wearing a sweater today.  It´s super weird.  And then there are days like yesterday where the sun was absolutely burning us at 8 o´clock in the morning.  That´s what you get.  But I guess next month it´s supposed to start getting really hot again, so we´ll see how that goes...
My foot´s doing alright...the week before last my ankle would just hurt if I walked too much, but it wasn´t like unbearable.  More just that it was a little annoying.  But after I got to Santa Rosa, it started to get swollen--like REALLY swollen.  I think it´s because it´s hotter here.  But now it doesn´t get so bad.  I went to a doctor on Friday and he took an x-ray and said that the fracture is almost completely healed back to normal, that the bone didn´t heal funny.  So that was a relief.  It still kind of hurts to walk for a while, but I´m supposed to be resting for an hour in the afternoon every day, so it works out.

Hermana Iverson 

No comments:

Post a Comment