Friday, April 24, 2015

The cast comes off today!!!!

August 25, 2014
found a red trombone today!! :D

The cast comes off today!!!!  At 5:30, in roughly an hour and a half.  I´ve been counting down the hours since Saturday (Saturday I hit one month with the cast).  Speaking of that though, I had an interesting afternoon on Friday.  We had just come back from our appointment with our investigator when the enfermeras called to ask where we were, if we were going to leave, and then what our exact address was.  Very mysterious.  Later the other hermanas we live with got home, and the enfermeras called them, and told them that basically President Torres was in Cuenca.  Our mission president had come from Guayaquil on his p-day--no one´s even allowed to call him on that day, unless you´re literally dying.  Right after, the zone leaders called to tell us that not only was he here, but he was coming to our house, so we had to clean up right now!  We started cleaning like madwomen.  We waited for more than an hour in our now immacculate house, when finally he came with the enfermeras.  He just came right in and talked to me alone with the enfermeras about my foot.  He said that he wants me to take calcium pills with vitamin d, and that I have to eat better and be really careful to not jump or do anything drastic with my foot after the cast comes off.  He was probably only there for 20 minutes, and then off he went.  It was so strange.  But kind of cool.  It´s nice having a doctor for your mission president.

Yesterday we almost had a heart attack, because our investigator, who needed to come that third time to be baptized this Saturday, didn´t show up to church!  We waited and waited, and finally after the first two hours ended and we called for the 100th time, he answered!  He raced down and was able to attend the sacrament meeting of the other ward, in Totoracocha (where I was before).  We went in with him, and since just that week they had taken out both of the hermanas there and no one there knew yet, everyone thought that we were the sister missionaries there now and that I´d come back!  It was kind of funny.  But yeah, really scary, but don´t worry folks; he´s getting baptized this week!

Well, I have to wrap up, we need to finish early to go to my appointment.  I love you all, and I really am happy that you all have had fun.  Last week it stopped bothering me to read about your trip, so don´t worry about it.  

Love you! 
Hermana Iverson

No comments:

Post a Comment