Friday, April 24, 2015

Another week in Cuenca

August 18, 2014

So this week was a little easier walking with the heel.  It still hurts a little bit, but about halfway through the week I just kind of stopped bringing my crutch around and now I´ll just walk by myself.  I think I probably should have brought my crutch with me today since we walked around a lot more than I thought we would, but I think I´ll be okay in the end.  I´m really excited because this week will be a month with the cast, so by next Monday I should be cast-free!!!!  I´m so excited to get it taken off.  *knock on wood*

Wednesday night we got a surprise: Hermana Adams got cambios!  We thought we´d be together until I got my cast off, but nope.  She just went to the other zone in Cuenca, to the Tarqui Ward.  This is funny because we literally share a border with Tarqui, so she barely went very far at all.  It was a trade-off: she went to Tarqui, and one of the hermanas from Tarqui came here.  My new companion is Hermana Espíritu.  That´s right, her name is literally Sister Spirit.  She´s from Peru and has 16 months in the mission.  She´s really fantastic and I´m glad to be companions with her.  I´ve heard about her a lot, since she was in Alamos for 6 months and I got there two months after she left.  She´s probably the oldest sister in the mission, at 30 years old, but she´s only been a member for 3 years.  She´s super nice and understanding, so that´s great, especially with the whole cast/being ridiculously sick this whole weekend situation.  

Oh yeah, so I started to get sick the day that Hermana Adams left (she had been sick for a week), and within two days I got really bad.  I had a really bad cough with headaches and a runny nose and everything hurt--the whole package.  By Sunday, it got so bad that I just slept all afternoon but still felt really bad.  Today I´m a little bit better, but my head still kind of hurts, and my nose is still runny, and I still have a cough--but I don´t cough that frequently now!  I´ve kind of just accepted now that if something can happen, it will.

Welp, that´s pretty much all that happened this week.  I´m trying not to be so down, but it gets really tiring to hear everybody tell you to be positive about the situation. But I´m doing the absolute best that I can.  Been praying and reading the scriptures a lot, that´s for sure.

Well, I´ll talk to you later.  Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Iverson

p.s. Almost forgot!  Saturday night there was going to be a baptism at the chapel, but there wasn´t water (don´t ask, I´m not sure) so we had to go to the stake center, which is in Tarqui.  A little girl in our ward was going to be baptized, and we had taught her a few lessons and were close to her family (her aunt and her uncle are two strong families in the ward).  Hna. Adams was so sad to miss it, but then we ended up seeing her there!  She was so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment